Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Only In America

So, I'm in Orlando, Florida this week conducting some "market research." Universal Studios (Hollywood and Florida) has a great marketing research service that allows you to capture a wide swath of Americana on one fell swoop. It's cost effective, and gives you a great sample.

I spent tonight heading to the Universal "City Walk," which is an outdoor mall of oversized signs and a few restaurants. On my way into City Walk, I hop on the horizontal escalator, or "people mover" as people may call it. I expect that my fast-paced East Coast gait would propel me to my destination more expediently than walking alone.

Nuh-uh, wait a minute!

The whole damn people mover was moving people, but the people were not adding to the great synergy of the people mover by not moving themselves. Just standing there, clogging up the people mover, as if it's a substitute for their own damn two feet. This ain't a ride, kiddos!

Only in America.

0 comments: