Sunday, April 13, 2008

April Showers and New Dutch Music

Some more music reviews... Turn it up to 11 for me.

Racontours
- Consolers of the Lonely.
The sophomore release from Jack White's side project doesn't disappoint. It's a rock and roll disc, pure and simple. I like most of the tracks on the album, but my favorites at this point would have to be Salute Your Solution and Attention.

Devotchka - A Mad and Faithful Telling

I liked the quirky sounds they produced for the Little Miss Sunshine soundtrack, so I bought a few songs of this new album. The Clockwise Witness is a really cool song, and had me hooked from the first few bars of the metallic xylophone part. I'm actually seeing them play in a few weeks, as I'm always up for new music.

Link to myspace site.

Elbow - Seldom Seen Kid
The album is not actually out yet, but I'm excited about it. Their last album, Leaders of the Free World, featured some awesome tracks. Forget Myself and Station Approach are excellent songs.

Station Approach Video

0 comments: