Monday, November 17, 2008

Good Jobs vs. Good Work

Book cover of Book cover via AmazonAs always, I imbibed in my weekly Sunday New York Times reading at Starbucks. I read this article in the business section, and I liked it because it's a common struggle for many people I know. The author, prefacing some groundbreaking work by the renowned Harvard University psychologist, Howard Gardner, elucidates on the question of what makes a good work, not just a good job.

"There are, Mr. Gardner said, three questions people can ask about their jobs to evaluate their good-work level: Does it fit your values? Does it evoke excellence; are you highly competent and effective at what you do? Does it bring you that subjective barometer of engagement, joy?"





Reblog this post [with Zemanta]
blog comments powered by Disqus