Thursday, January 24, 2008

New Music - Jan 08 Edition

Hegs recently asked me if I had heard any good new music. Truthfully, I've been remiss in my usual listening. It turns out that it's so cold here in Minneapolis that my iPod often freezes up, so it's sitting here on my desk.

But, there are a few tunes I remembered I've heard lately that are pretty sweet...

Hjomalind - Sigur Ros

Sigur Ros is an Icelandic band, and their songs are not in English. However, as someone who has a hard time deciphering lyrics anyway, that's ok by me. This song speaks for itself.



Time To Pretend - MGMT

I caught MGMT (pronounced management) on David Letterman a few weeks back. I'm not in love with their music, but it's interesting and fun. "Time To Pretend, " which I think is about youth and excess, has some pretty witty lyrics, and they definitely have a different sound.

"This is our decision to live fast and die young.
We've got the vision, now let's have some fun."






Electric feel is also a good track from their album "Oracular Spectacular."

0 comments: