Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Mealy Apples


Is there anything more disappointing than biting into an apple that has no crispness and flavor? It's so annoying because it's frustrating and unexpected. The apple looked good, right? Now all you can do is throw the apple out and dish a few bucks out for another snack.

I liken getting a mealy apple to that of any product or customer service issue that unexpectedly frustrates you. Today, I bit into a mealy apple of my own. My bestbuy credit card started charging me a "debt cancellation" fee. I recently bought a nice expensive system on credit because of the no interest financing. Well, I must have unwittingly accepted a term that included a "charge me $30 a month in case I go bankrupt" provision. I was able to have the provision dropped, but it made me angry nonetheless. Although I don't have an affinity for Best Buy (as I suspect most people do not), I now have a very negative experience to draw from.

If you're the manager of a service or product, do your best not to give your consumers mealy apples.

Photo courtesy flickr creative commons license.
blog comments powered by Disqus