Sunday, July 6, 2008

Survey says???

The results are in... Thanks to all 42 of you who participated in my poll. While I don't claim this to be a scientific poll, if it was answered honestly, provides for interesting information.



Answer
%
(BEST) I love my job and have found my true calling.:


24%

It's going pretty well and I'm enjoying my job. :


36%

(AVERAGE) You know, it pays the bills and keeps Sallie Mae off my back. :


21%

It's not going that well and I do not think it's going to last.:


10%

(WORST) I hate my job. Get me out of here!:
10%


I am happy to report that 60% of us Kellogg 07 grads are quite happy with our jobs. On the other hand, a full 20% are quite unhappy with their current work situation.

What's the significance of this? Well, other than my own curiosity for knowledge, the key takeaway is that many of us have been able to connect with companies and jobs which suit us quite well. For the rest of the sample, they should at least know more about what they want in a position or company, and will work towards those goals.

(Side Note: does anyone know any good chart tools for blogging?)
Zemanta Pixie

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Papi, while I appreciate your survey--I'm a bit concerned by your approach. You've used a priori research, which puts words in the mouths of your respondents. I might suggest coming up with some behavioral and attitudinal statements and then cluster into segments to really get the overall consensus of Kellogg grads...
:-)
Hope you're well. Fun that you're blogging!
Best,
Liz

Dutch said...

Liz,

Great comment, and I agree. This was meant more for fun than for empirical evidence. Perhaps next time we can test for heteroskedasticity and OVB too.

(Who's down with OVB?)

-G

Anonymous said...

You guys are dorks.

--LJ