Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Ipod Shuffle Gold of the Week



What does Steve's divine hand have in store today?




Pearl Jam - In Hiding: Though I am not the Pearl Jam devotee that Scott Orn is, I listen to my fair share of the band. One of my favorite Pearl Jam songs is In Hiding, which came off Yield, a well reviewed 4th major album. My freshman year roommate, Chris Goldberg, played this album a little too much. I think I now forgive him.



Filter - Take a Picture: From the same guys who sung about a political figure committing suicide during a public hearing comes a more gentle and toned down, um, ballad? I do have a soft spot for this tune though.... great beat, good combo of acoustic guitars and bongos. Like most of my musical favorites, it's usually not for the lyrics but the instrumentation. Besides the chorus, I have a really hard time understanding what the Terminator 2's younger brother is saying. "Awake on my airplane.. my skin is bare." Was this song really about taking a picture, or did Northwest lose another poor soul's luggage?

1 comments:

Unknown said...

In Hiding is one of my favorite's too. Great footage. That is from Pearl Jam's Single Video Theory DVD.